This blog is brought to you by GROW Nebraska member Moblicate. Do you have something you would like to share? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can help promote your business. Also be sure to download GROW Nebraska’s Mobile App at grownebraska.moblicate.com.
So you have a mobile app for your business, but now what? At it’s core a mobile app is another form of advertising your business. Your app’s job is to promote awareness and get the word out about your product or service. As with any other type of advertising the results are gauged on how you use your app. Someone can create the coolest looking app that you have ever seen for your business, however if nobody knows it’s out there it will never be seen. I look at analytics for all of my clients on a monthly basis to see how their app is being used and forward the information on to them. Some are being accessed 80 times per week and some are accessed 10 times per month.
A recent success story is LakeShore Marina Resort at Johnson lake. They wanted to promote all of their services and keep their regular clients up to date on what is happening for the summer. Karen and her staff have done a great job of promotion and are seeing the results. Their app has been accessed 109 times in the last three weeks. That means that they are getting the message out to their audience and seeing the results. There are several things that you can do to promote your business app that are easy and effective.
- Here’s your sign - It may sound simple but a few strategically placed signs throughout your business will help raise awareness.
- QR Codes – Make sure that your app can be downloaded by using a QR reader on your phone. QR codes are free and once you have it plaster that sucker everywhere. Put it on your signs, at your register, on your bags and on any advertising or promotional materials that you use.
- Talk the talk – When you are talking about your business to anyone ask if they have seen your app. Tell them the features of your specific app. Does it have eCommerce and a shopping cart attached, does it link your social media for information or does it have a blog to keep people informed of new products and services? Let people know and give them a reason to put you on their phone.
- Show and tell - While talking about your business with someone take out your phone and show them your app. Explain some of the features to them. This will help to promote not only your app, but yourself and your business.
- Updates – Give the people that have your app a reason to check it from time to time. Put weekly specials or upcoming promotions on the app or give them news and information about what is happening with your business. The most successful apps do this to keep the audience interested.
Follow these guidelines and you will be better prepared to provide promotion and awareness for not only your app, but for your business. The best part of all of this is that every step to promote your app listed above is free. As a small business owner myself I know that my favorite type of advertising is the free kind and a lot of the time it is the most effective. If you have any questions about how to promote your business app please contact me at email@example.com as I am always here to help my fellow GROW Nebraska members.
A program of Central Plains Foundation Inc., GROW Nebraska helps maximize the state’s entrepreneurial spirit and build the global reputation of Nebraska businesses by providing sustainable business environments through business-building marketing and education. To learn more about GROW Nebraska or Nebraska entrepreneurs and businesses, visit the GROW Web site at www.grownebraska.org.